E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 07 3861 0611
email@example.com 07 3861 0611
4 tablespoons gelatin (We use Great Lakes)
1 cup water
1 cup raw honey
1 teaspoon of vanilla (you can use other flavours such as peppermint extract, lemon extract or almond extract)
1. Pour 1/2 cup of water in a metal bowl or mixer bowl and slowly add gelatin. Whisk slightly to incorporate and let sit.
2. Pour the other 1/2 cup of water and 1 cup of honey into a small saucepan.
3. Slowly bring the water and honey mixture to a boil. If you have a kitchen thermometer, you want it to reach at least 240 degrees. If not, just keep boiling, stirring constantly for 8 minutes.
4. Slowly start pouring the honey/water mixture into the bowel with the gelatin mix (which will be hardened by now).
5. Turn on the mixer or hand mixer and keep on medium as the honey mixture is added.
6. When honey mix is added, turn the mixer to high and blend with the mixer for another 10-15 minutes or until it forms a stiff cream the consistency of marshmallow cream (it should form gentle peaks)
7. Add any flavour ingredients for the last 2 minutes of mixing (except cacao powder which can be added to the honey mix in the saucepan.
8. Grease a 9×13 inch baking dish with coconut oil, or line with parchment paper, leaving some on the sides to be able to pull up.
9. When the marshmallows are whipped, pour into the lined/greased dish and smooth evenly.
10. Let sit for at least 4 hours (overnight is better).
11. Flip onto a cutting board and cut with a well oiled knife.
12. Store in an airtight container,
Note: Do NOT store in the fridge as they will melt. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
*Recipe adapted from Wellness Mama website